POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rock The Boat [WIP] : Rock The Boat [WIP] Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:22:07 EDT (-0400)
  Rock The Boat [WIP]
From: Eriban
Date: 2 May 2009 06:45:01
Message: <web.49fc22b9a534fe8081475b100@news.povray.org>
Hi folks,

Here is the latest version of the scene that I am currently on. It's still a
work in progress, but close enough to completion that suggestions and comments
could be of use. So all feedback is welcome.

Things I am still planning to do:
- improve the models of the little green men (they will remain abstract though
and quite similar; my intention is not to add realistic seamen),
- improve texturing of the boat (add a bit more wear and tear; suggestions here
are especially welcome),
- add some rope for mooring the ship, and
- use of area lights to achieve soft shadows (due to the way the illusion is
achieved, it is not a simple change; it will require a bit of work).

Cheers,

Erwin

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: